PRODUCTS > FILTRATION
WET LINT FILTER
AIR WASH SERIES
Wet type lint collectors use water as the filtration medium and are the most effective at capturing lint. Often used in circumstances where sensitive equipment outside a building must remain free from lint, Air Wash filters are typically employed in addition to dry-type dryer incorporated filters and provide near total elimination of lint bypass. Filters ranging in capacities of 10,000 cfm to 45,000 cfm.
The Air Wash series of wet-type lint collectors is designed for use where maximum filtration is required. The system uses a water curtain to capture nearly 100% of lint in the airstream and is most commonly used as a secondary filtration method to dry systems where the 2% typical bypass must also be captured. Expensive air handling equipment and environmentally sensitive locations benefit from the Air Wash series of filtration products.
AIR WASH 40 SHOWN
Designed for use where maximum filtration is required.
- Better Filtration: The Air Washer’s Integrated Target Spray Uses No Nozzles, Creates a Huge Wall of Water, and Filters Excellently All the Time
- Better Dryer Operation: The Air Washer Can Be Optionally Equipped with a Variable Speed Motor Control. A Barometric Damper is Included with Each Unit to Modulate the Exhaust Fan to Match the Dryer Exhaust
- Safer Operation: Optional Controls Interlock the Air Washer to the Dryers to Insure Simultaneous Operation
- Selection: Horizontal or Vertical Mounted Tubeaxial Fan
- The Air Washer is Shipped Fully Assembled to Save You the Major Cost of On-site Assembly
- Rigid Frame. Suspends the Housing, Isolates Fan Vibration, Enameled Tubular Steel
- Custom Inlets. You Specify Size and Location. 45 Degrees Offsets Simplify Exhaust Piping
- Enhanced Material: Energenics’ “Black Fiberglass” is Made with a Blend of Proprietary Materials and Provides a Corrosion-resistant, Fire Retardant, Weather-proof Structure for the Air Washer, and is Ideally Suited to this Service
- Resilient: The Laminate with a Flexural Strength of 36,900 psi Will Not Crack Like Stainless Steel
- Corrosion Proof: The Entire Structure is Inert to Organic Solvents and Weak Acids
- Insulated: Over Stainless-steel Type Filters, “Black Fiberglass” Greatly Reduces Heat Transfer Into the Occupied Space
- Housing: One and Two-piece Construction Models
THE SUPERIOR WATER SPRAY LINT COLLECTOR
- AW-10 (10,000 CFM)
- AW-20 (20,000 CFM)
- AW-30 (30,000 CFM)
- AW-40 (40,000 CFM)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Wet Style filter uses a water curtain to filter the lint. The dryer exhaust flows through a water curtain created by a spray manifold. The wet lint flows to a porous collection bag where the water flows out and is captured by a reservoir sump to be recirculated back to the filter. The clean exhaust air is expelled out of the filter by a tubeaxial fan mounted on the filter.
All wet filters have a 2.5 HP pump and a 5 HP to 10 HP fan. The Airwasher can be ordered as standard with 208-240 or 480 three-phase depending on the laundry power. Motor starters are required to operate the pump and fan. Typically FLA (Fully Loaded Amps) will be 50 amps at 240 VAC and 25 amps at 480 VAC.
The filters have a standard barometric damper door that opens to allow outside air to balance the airflow as dryers cycle on/off.
Absolutely! Our optional VFD speed control varies the speed of the exhaust fan based upon backpressure. The result is that as dryers cycle on and off, constant optimum backpressure recommended by the dryer manufacturer is maintained.
The ductwork entering and leaving the lint filter shall have a minimum of 5 degrees of downward slope to allow water mist to flow back into the lint filter. The seams in the duct within 5 feet of the lint filter should be sealed with a waterproof sealer.
Energenics is widely regarded as a leading player in lint management, having developed over 10,000 commercial dryer lint filters and thousands of indoor air filtration devices. Our product portfolio includes UV light and chemical technologies that are utilized for disinfecting surfaces involved in processing healthcare textiles. Working closely with competent manufacturers and equipment distribution partners, we strive to deliver unparalleled levels of cleanliness while reducing laundry operating costs.
Call Energenics today to learn more about our Air Washers.